In 2019, there were 2,933 green jobs in Essex. This is expected to grow to 5,751 by 2030. We need your help to foster skills to fill these vacancies.
The Essex Green Skills Pledge invites organisations to commit to developing skills for a net-zero future. There are eight pledge actions available and you can commit to as many or as few as you like!
Who should sign the Essex Green Skills Pledge?
- Employers (of all sizes)
- Anchor Institutions
- Primary and secondary schools
- Colleges/sixth forms
- Adult training providers
Why should my organisation sign the Essex Green Skills Pledge?
- Demonstrate your commitment to your organisation’s net-zero ambitions
- Receive a resource pack to support your pledge action(s) and accelerate your net-zero transition
- Receive free marketing collateral to promote your involvement
- Receive ongoing support and guidance from Essex County Council
What are the Essex Green Skills Pledge actions?
- Work collaboratively to increase investment in upskilling and the transition to net zero.
- Join up resources and collaborate on green skills initiatives to align the skills system with business needs.
- Support and incentivise employees to invest in green skills and training throughout their working lives.
- Use expertise, skills and experience to combat climate change and share best practice in green skills development.
- Contribute to the public debate on climate change and use the power of our example to encourage others.
- Work across industries and sectors to improve working practices and find practical solutions to green skills challenges.
- Educate employees, managers, learners and residents about the impact of their daily lives on the environment.
- Publish a five-year Action Plan outlining steps to support green skills development.